- What do you want your wedding day to feel like?
- What elements of your life together would you like to incorporate?
- How can we craft a very special moment for you to treasure?
- Are there family and friends you would like to involve in the ceremony?
- What are the particular traditions you would like to incorporate?
We can talk about the best way to combine these elements and create a day meaningful for you and your loved ones.
This is what a celebrant does
It’s my job to make sure the legal requirements are met, so you get to relax and enjoy the day with family and friends.
Our first meeting is free of charge – it’s simply a chance for us to get to know each other and see if I’m the right celebrant for you.
Marriage Celebrancy Services
This includes the following:
- Meeting with you twice following the initial meeting to confirm your wedding ceremony;
- Availability by phone and email as needed;
- Writing a personalised ceremony;
- Attending a rehearsal/meeting during the day/week before your wedding;
- Arriving 45 minutes before the wedding to make sure everything we need for the ceremony is in order;
- Conducting the ceremony;
- Providing you with a copy of the text of the ceremony;
- Lodging the marriage papers with the Registrar.
You are separate autonomous people committed to being in a relationship with each other. You have a lifetime of choices in front of you, which will shape the life you build together. Sometimes being faced with decisions can be difficult.
I can help you to develop a shared approach to difficult conversations:
- How do you prefer to communicate? How does your partner communicate?
- How do you respond when your differences become apparent?
- How do you initiate those uncomfortable conversations?
I can guide you and your partner through a series of conversations to help you understand where the sticky points are in your relationship and provide you with tools to navigate your way out so you don’t get stuck.
You’ll find ways to understand the communication style of your partner and to learn to adapt communication in a way where each of you clearly knows what the other is saying.
When your differences are understood and valued, these differences can strengthen your relationship.
4 x 1 hour pre-marital sessions
1 x 1 hour session around your first anniversary
$95 per session
Your culture and traditions are important to you. The same goes for your partner. What happens when you love each other but your cultures are different?
As a Chinese-Jewish New Zealander I have direct experience of the challenging choices (and rich rewards!) people can face when bridging cultures.
I can work with you and your partner to explore your cultural differences and how they can enrich your life together.
Topics which may arise:
- Intentions around children and upbringing;
- Relationships with extended family;
- Inter-generational expectations;
- Celebrating traditions;
- Creating a shared sense of identity.
A Naming Ceremony is a way to celebrate and recognise the arrival of a new family member. It’s a chance for family to welcome a child to their lives and to bring together people who will love and support the child in life. It’s also a way of showing a growing family how supported they are by their community.
I can help you create a celebration that captures who you are as a family and what is important to you. Here are some things we could include:
- The meaning and origins of your child’s name
- Why you chose the name
- Family history about your child’s ancestors
- Naming rituals from a particular tradition
- Affirming family’s love for the child
- What you as parents what to offer/provide for your child
- Hopes and wishes for your child’s future
- Opportunities for siblings to participate
- Celebrating the role of grandparents and/or godparents
Find out more about naming ceremonies here.